Women’s Soccer Initiative Inc. (WSII) is a non-profit organization committed to enabling sports participation and healthy active lifestyles for girls and women. WSII is specifically charged with creating a new and viable business model for bringing back professional women’s soccer in North America.
About Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS)
The mission of Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS) is to be the premier women’s soccer league in the world and the global standard by which women’s professional sports are measured. Play kicks off in the spring of 2009, with WPS teams based in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New Jersey/New York, St. Louis, and Washington D.C. For more information, visit www.womensprosoccer.com.
- Atlanta Beat (Kennesaw, Georgia)
- Boston Breakers (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Chicago Red Stars (Bridgeview, Illinois)
- FC Gold Pride (Hayward, California)
- Los Angeles Sol (Carson, California)
- magicJack (Boca Raton, Florida)
- Philadelphia Independence (Chester, Pennsylvania)
- Sky Blue FC (Piscataway Township, New Jersey)
- Saint Louis Athletica (Fenton, Missouri)
- Western New York Flash (Rochester, New York)